Private Family Fee Earner Vacancy - Skipton Office
Walker Foster has a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Family fee earner to join them. You will be based at our Skipton Office which is in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We are long established in the local area (one hundred years old next year) and so you will gain exposure to a wide spectrum of family work and a very strong local client base.
The successful candidate will be handling their own caseload consisting of modest to high net worth divorce financial matters, pre-nuptial/post marital agreements, cohabitation disputes, obtaining injunctive orders and private law children applications You will work closely alongside a highly skilled qualified Solicitor presenting you with abundant opportunities to learn and grow as a Private family fee earner. Client contact and maintaining excellent client relationships is key to this role in delivering a high quality of service.
We are looking for a full- time family fee earner who has at-least 2years experience of managing their own caseload though you will be supervised by your Head of Department You will be a solicitor, Legal Executive or experienced Fee Earner. You will have excellent communication skills, great attention to detail, a positive outlook and a team player. You will have strong IT skills and experience of case management systems will be an advantage.
If you are successful you will have a competitive salary an NHS top up benefits scheme membership, an employee assist scheme, reward and recognition and additional holidays as a reward for long service. The Family department has a friendly and positive outlook which makes for a conducive working environment and not forgetting the advantage of the lovely Garden to the back of Skipton office and at the front the views of Skipton Castle.
Apprentice Receptionist / Administrative support – Ilkley Office
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly, approachable and enthusiastic young person to join a well-respected and thriving law firm. Your apprenticeship with us is just the first step of your journey with us.
Purpose of your role
To provide front of house support to the business by being the main point of contact for all visitors and callers to the Ilkley office, making sure they receive a 5-star service. We are committed to delivering the very best service to our clients, and your role on reception is key to achieving this. You will be given training and support to achieve this by a very experienced and committed team at the Ilkley office. You will also be given the opportunity to learn administrative duties which will help provide support to the fee earners and also, very importantly, give you the opportunity to showcase what you can do and where your skills lie.
What you will be doing:
- Process all incoming telephone calls, including logging of calls and the conveying of messages accurately
- Deal with and make welcome all visitors to the reception area
- Distribute incoming mail
- Organise and maintain storage of archive files
- Organise and maintain the Wills and Deeds storage facility
- Process ID documentation provided by clients
- Undertake photocopying duties and administer the fax machine
- Arrange appointments including swearing oaths
- Keep reception area tidy and well stocked
- Prepare post for dispatch
- Maintain franking machine.
- Monitor and order, when needed, stationery and house-keeping products.
- Organise newspapers, milk and water deliveries
- Prepare refreshments as and when needed
- Take responsibility for the First Aid box and fire drills/alarm testing
- Send daily attendance register to the Operations Manager daily
- Do the banking and send details to the cash office
- Take card payments both in person and on the telephone
- Print cheques when required, arrange signatures and distribute
- Oversee petty cash, including Excel spreadsheets and complete paperwork
- Witness documents and Wills when requested
- Maintain grumble log
What skills you need:
- Able to work independently
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Stay calm under pressure
- Computer literate – Word and Excel
- Good time management
- Positive and can do
- Being open to new people and ideas
All apprenticeships require at least 3 GCSE’s A* – D grade as standard and some inc Maths & English A* – C.
Hours of work
Your working day will be 9am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch and will be Monday to Friday
Starting rate of pay (hourly)
£4.00 per hour
Please send your applications to Helen Hardington at [email protected]. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Helen on 01756 700200.