Employment law made easy
Whatever the size of your business, when an employment or HR problem arises it can be a time consuming, stressful and expensive distraction. Obtaining the right advice clearly and quickly will help you take control of the situation. Better still, having the right contracts, procedures and advice in place from the beginning will make it easier for you to manage your employees and address situations before they become problems.
Why Walker Foster?
Our specialist employment law team is experienced in helping business owners find the right practical solutions when problems arise, but is also passionate about working with you on every step of your journey as an employer, so that you can manage your employees effectively and your business can thrive. We provide clear, practical employment law advice with a focus on your particular business and what you want to achieve.
Work we undertake includes:
Step 1 – Starting off on the right foot
- Drafting employment contracts, disciplinary rules, employee handbooks and keeping them up to date.
Step 2 – Managing the employment relationship
- Advising on misconduct and disciplinary issues
- Helping you deal with grievances that are raised
- Helping you address sickness absence
- Advising on discrimination claims and equal pay
- Providing training on managing the employment relationship.
Step 3 – Ending or changing the employment relationship
- Advising on dismissals, including ways to avoid unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal or discrimination claims
- Helping with redundancies, restructures and changes to terms and conditions
- Advising on TUPE transfers when a business is bought or sold (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment))
- Helping to negotiate an employee’s exit and drafting settlement agreements.
Options for payment
We offer a fixed price monthly retainer service, hourly rates or project rates for particular pieces of work. Our team will try hard to find the right payment option for you.
What to do next
If you have a need for employment law advice or want to discuss how we could work with you, please contact us by telephone or by emailing [email protected] and someone will contact you, with no obligation.
Solicitor & Consultant (Employment Law)
Direct Email: [email protected]
This article must not be construed as legal advice. All cases are different on their facts and you should consult with us directly on your case.