Head of Finance/Senior Cashier
Walker Foster has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Head of Finance/Senior Cashier to join us at our Skipton Office which is in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.
We are long established in the local area (our 100-year anniversary is next year) and so you will be joining a very experienced and busy team who have a very strong local client base. The work is fast paced and challenging but the team are collaborative and enjoy what they do, which makes for a positive working environment. This is very much an opportunity to drive your career forward.
Alongside a competitive salary and fantastic career opportunities, you’ll receive an NHS top-up benefits scheme membership, reward and recognition and additional holidays as a reward for long service. Not forgetting the advantage of the lovely Garden to the back of Skipton office and at the front the views of Skipton Castle.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
We are looking for a candidate with at least five years background working as a senior legal cashier/ Head of Finance. You must possess demonstrable knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules, have recent practical experience of accounts administration, VAT and credit control. You will be used to producing and managing budgets, producing and updating financial policies and protocols, working with and reporting into the COFA and compliance team to ensure regulatory compliance. You will have provided financial overviews /reports to the Partners/Directors. In addition, you’ll have strong IT skills and experience of case management systems.
You will be:
1. Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement
2. Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence
3. Highly energised and motivated with a high level of commitment
4. Collaborative in your approach
5. Hands on with a positive can-do attitude
6. Able to demonstrate first class organisational and time-management skills
7. A role model in your attention to detail and able to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment
8. Committed to learning and development
9. Able to recognise the limit of your own knowledge and know when to ask for assistance/input from others
10. Self-motivated and able to work proactively
11. A problem solver who looks for new solutions as well as tried and tested.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]