Walker Foster solicitors
Location: North Yorkshire
Hours: Full Time
Walker Foster is an established modern law firm. As part of our plan for development and growth, we are seeking an excellent Legal Practice Manager.
We are forward thinking and respect the contribution of all members of staff. The firm encourages a friendly and supportive environment for committed employees to learn, develop and lead.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of legal practice, significant experience and be capable of dealing with a range of matters. Formal management qualifications would be an advantage.
- Day-to-day office and building management
- Ordering stationary and other supplies required for day to day use in the offices
- Ensuring business premises hold appropriate insurance and that fittings and office equipment is checked and maintained by professionals
- Initiating and maintaining security processes and procedures including fire alarm checks, security and evacuations
- Maintaining records relating to the premises including fixture and fittings records, health and safety checks, lease agreements and correspondence
- Ensuring premises look professional and clean through organising and supervising cleaning, placement of publicity, etc. Maintenance and refurbishment
- SRA compliance & regulatory matters (including AML and GDPR
- Completing indemnity insurance renewals, Practice certificate renewals, Lexcel adherence and implementation of new plans and policies. Lender panel applications.
- Leading the management team
- Working closely with Head of Finance where necessary
- HR – Staff recruitment, retention and appraisals, disciplinary and grievance
- Monitoring business, team, office and staff/FE performance
- Producing and implementing company’s rules and policies
- Promoting the company and communicating its services
- Liaising with external regulators, accountants and auditors
- Working with IT and other third party contractors
- Providing training, guidance and support to staff using software/hardware
- Researching and testing and ordering new software and hardware for business use
- Working with the marketing team and supporting the marketing plan
- Performing duties required to implement the marketing plan and performing administrative duties relating to marketing such as placing advertisements, drafting and sending out newsletters and updates to the
- Administering client feedback forms and compiling reports on feedback
- Generating and maintaining relationships with clients Initiating and maintaining relationships with suppliers of products and services
- Maintaining office records relating to (for example) health and safety incidents, risks, breaches of procedure and regulations, contracts with suppliers, law library
We are looking for the following qualities and experience:
- At least 3 years of experience managing a professional services firm (law firm preferred)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong desire to play a constructive role in the expansion of a modern law firm
- Inspirational and enthusiastic
- Highly dedicated and motivated
- Commercial awareness
We are a people business and you must have excellent people management skills and first-class negotiation skills, and the ability to balance day to day operational tasks with longer-term strategic objectives. You will be performance driven, proactive, and have a commercial approach. You will be a strong team player and be able to motivate and inspire others. We expect you to be confident in your own abilities and assertive (not aggressive).
This is a senior role and you will report directly to the Managing Director, Chair and Board of directors. You will sit on the Management Board and prepare oral and written reports and recommendations where necessary.
You will be key in ensuring that excellent client service is delivered to clients and other stakeholders.
Remuneration is negotiable and will reflect the importance of the role and the experience and quality of the successful applicant.
You will be joining a busy, friendly and well-managed practice. You will have an experienced assistant and access to secretarial support.
Please submit your CV to [email protected] marked “Practice Manager vacancy”. All applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence and firms will not be approached without your consent.