Apprentice Receptionist / Administrative support – Ilkley Office
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly, approachable and enthusiastic young person to join a well-respected and thriving law firm. Your apprenticeship with us is just the first step of your journey with us.
Purpose of your role
To provide front of house support to the business by being the main point of contact for all visitors and callers to the Ilkley office, making sure they receive a 5-star service. We are committed to delivering the very best service to our clients, and your role on reception is key to achieving this. You will be given training and support to achieve this by a very experienced and committed team at the Ilkley office. You will also be given the opportunity to learn administrative duties which will help provide support to the fee earners and also, very importantly, give you the opportunity to showcase what you can do and where your skills lie.
What you will be doing:
- Process all incoming telephone calls, including logging of calls and the conveying of messages accurately
- Deal with and make welcome all visitors to the reception area
- Distribute incoming mail
- Organise and maintain storage of archive files
- Organise and maintain the Wills and Deeds storage facility
- Process ID documentation provided by clients
- Undertake photocopying duties and administer the fax machine
- Arrange appointments including swearing oaths
- Keep reception area tidy and well stocked
- Prepare post for dispatch
- Maintain franking machine.
- Monitor and order, when needed, stationery and house-keeping products.
- Organise newspapers, milk and water deliveries
- Prepare refreshments as and when needed
- Take responsibility for the First Aid box and fire drills/alarm testing
- Send daily attendance register to the Operations Manager daily
- Do the banking and send details to the cash office
- Take card payments both in person and on the telephone
- Print cheques when required, arrange signatures and distribute
- Oversee petty cash, including Excel spreadsheets and complete paperwork
- Witness documents and Wills when requested
- Maintain grumble log
What skills you need:
- Able to work independently
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Stay calm under pressure
- Computer literate – Word and Excel
- Good time management
- Positive and can do
- Being open to new people and ideas
All apprenticeships require at least 3 GCSE’s A* – D grade as standard and some inc Maths & English A* – C.
Hours of work
Your working day will be 9am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch and will be Monday to Friday
Starting rate of pay (hourly)
£4.00 per hour
Please send your applications to Helen Hardington at [email protected]. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Helen on 01756 700200.