Our colleague, Peter Walker, has retired from his full-time ...
Jess joined Walker Foster in February 2015 as a Conveyancing Executive in our Silsden office. She is a very experienced fee earner, with more than 20 years’ experience in all types of residential property transactions. Jess has always had a particular interest in new build properties and the unique processes which apply to this type of conveyancing. As a result, she has built up significant expertise in this area. She was the obvious choice when the firm appointed a head of New Builds.
The legal side of buying a new build home is very different to the process involved in buying an established property. It can also be more complex because your conveyancer needs to deal with issues such as planning regulations, the availability of an NHBC or equivalent scheme for the development, road and sewer agreements, restrictive and positive covenants, maintenance of common parts of the development such as landscaped communal green spaces, or in the case of the purchase of an apartment, maintenance and responsibility for common areas of the whole building and surrounding areas.
Finding the right lawyer with the expertise to oversee the purchase of your new build property is essential.
Jess and her new build team have exactly the right experience and level of understanding to guide you through all the issues. They will make sure you understand all the necessary aspects of buying your new property, especially those which will affect day to day living on a new build development.
Jess and her team will:
- Explain the contract and other documentation fully and ensure that your deposit, payable on exchange of contracts, is fully protected.
- Ensure you are fully aware of any rights over the development and in particular any covenants which affect your property or the development as a whole.
- Advise you of the builder’s requirements in relation to completion. For example, there may be a ‘long-stop’ completion date for the property to be finished by.
- Guide you through the completion process.
Best Part of the job for Jess:
There is such a sense of satisfaction in being able to Pick up the phone to a client to confirm their transaction has completed and telling them they can collect their keys and move in to their new home!
What clients say about Jess:
- A really friendly and efficient service from Miss McKenzie.
- Jessica made sure everything was actioned/completed before exchange and completion and the original moving date I wanted was kept to!
- Jess was very pleasant and professional and made it very clear what would happen next.